Twitter: BenCollinsStig

Ben Collins > The Dark Knight Rises

The Dark Knight Rises

Words like epic fall short in describing my experience as part of Chris Nolan’s stunt crew for the final installment of his Batman trilogy. No two days are the same because he rarely, if ever, needs to shoot something twice. His exacting preparation and pace dictates ours, and stunt coordinator Tom Struthers makes sure we are all ready to drive, fight and jump on cue.

Being The Stig and precision driving coordinator at Top Gear for nearly a decade meant acclimatising to a vast range of machinery while juggling a group of feisty TV presenters and young pressurized producers. It was a great insight before I joined the James Bond franchise in 2008 to film the ballistic car chase around Lake Garda for Quantum of Solace.

Even now when I watch the scenes of the Aston Martin DBS drifting through the tunnels and past on-coming traffic it makes my heart pick up a beat.

I met Struthers when I worked on John Carter and getting the call from him to film a Batman movie pretty much sealed every boyhood dream for me.

Read the Full Article Here

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ben Collins Joins GRR as Chief Road Tester!

Posted by: Ben Collins · 19.01.16 | 8:37 am
Goodwood Road & Racing logo

I’m very pleased to announce that I’ll be joining Goodwood Road & Racing (GRR) as their Chief Road Tester. In this role, I’ll be reviewing the most… [Read]

Paddock Ignition! Event in Marin County, California

Posted by: Ben Collins · 14.01.16 | 6:32 pm
Paddock Ignition!

I’m delighted to have been invited to the inaugural Paddock Ignition! event, which takes place on 27 February 2016 in Marlin County, California. As the press… [Read]

AlcoDigital Partnership

Posted by: Ben Collins · 07.04.15 | 7:30 pm
Ben Collins AlcoDigital Partnership

The Gadget Show Live, now in its seventh year, is an opportunity for brands big and small to showcase consumer electronics new to the market… [Read]

Films & TV

SKYFALL

Posted by: olijames · 11.11.12 | 8:46 pmSKYFALL - Official Trailer

Skyfall: it’s dark and cold. We are working nights somewhere in East London under stark moonlight, which does little to take the edge off. I’m… [Read]

The Dark Knight Rises

Posted by: olijames · 11.10.12 | 2:29 pmThe Dark Knight Rises - Official Trailer #3 [HD]

Stig drifting

Posted by: Ben Collins · 03.09.12 | 9:54 pmTHE STIG - DRIFTING

Watch the STIG drifting a Vauxhall Monaro on a wet track. Fans of the show, or even just of the STIG will love this!!!

Dunlop Behind Scenes

Posted by: Ben Collins · 03.09.12 | 9:52 pmStreet Response challenge - the exclusive making-of

Find more great driving and behind-the-scenes video clips on the official Dunlop Inside Racing channel: www.youtube.com Watch in this clip the exclusive making-of feature of… [Read]

© Ben Collins 2012. All rights reserved.
  • Burnt